Important Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Moving Company
Moving to a new house means you have to make urgent and important decisions. From picking the moving date, to getting the right resources, the whole undertaking can become overwhelming. As if that is not enough, you also have to decide the right moving company for your needs.
Please note that, there are thousands of moving companies in the country and you have to pick the best company among all these. In this article, we will share with you some of the screening questions that you can use to ensure that you get a good deal for your moving needs. Read on to understand what it takes to get the best moving company like Anytime Removals Man And Van London!
- Are you licensed? – This is probably the first question that you should ask. Remember that, there are so many rogue and unqualified movers who are out there to scam you. It is therefore crucial that you go for companies that are licensed and insured. Please note that accidents and damages are likely to occur during moving. Licensed and insured companies will guarantee you compensation in case of accidents.
- What is your experience with my particular type of move? – This is another question that you should ask. For example, if you are relocating to or from a high-rise apartment with multiple stories and steps, it is important that you look for a company experienced in this type of a move. This is because, movers must be able to handle any barrier on their way e.g. parking restrictions, lack of elevators, steep stairs or small doorways.
- Do you have satisfied customers? – Just like in any other undertaking, you wouldn’t want to hire a company with no evidence of happy and satisfied clients. Remember that, you are entrusting your belongings to a bunch of strangers, whom you have just met. It is therefore critical that you ask them for references so that you can rest assured that your belongings will be safe. Of course it is your duty to ensure that you have done enough background search on your company. You can also consult your trusted friends and family for recommendations.
- Do you subcontract your moves? – Please note that, there are some moving companies who specialize in taking big contracts and the outsourcing them to other contractors. It is your responsibility to find out how the company operates. Are you happy with your goods being handled by a sub-contractor?
Here are some other questions that you can ask:
- Do you have a cancellation policy?
- What form of payment can I use?
- Do you pack delicate items such as TVs, computers and electronics?
- Are there any restrictions on what and how I can pack?
- Do you provide packaging materials?
There are so many questions that you can ask when looking for an ideal moving company and these are just some of them. Always know what you are looking for in a moving company by understanding your nature of move, the nature of your belongings as well as knowing how you would want your goods to be handled.Continue reading »